The City of Colchester is the former capital of Roman Britain. The city is full of picturesque villages and coastline which stretch between Mersea Island in the south of the city and Dedham Vale on the Suffolk border in the north.
The North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP) are responsible for administering and enforcing both on-street and off-street based parking across the city of Colchester. The city provides a total of 22 secure public car parks and parking for more than 3,600 cars.
The service provides:
- More than 2,500 spaces for short stay visitors.
- Almost 300 spaces for long stay commuters.
- Season tickets and exclusive use permits for certain car parks.
- Designated spaces for disabled drivers.
- 3 Electric Vehicle Charging Points available in Priory Street Car park.
- Around 1,800,000 vehicles are parked each year in Colchester City Council car parks.
- All aspects of the car parks service provided at no direct cost to the Council Tax payer.
For more information on Colchester City
Colchester Car Parks and Tariffs
Annual Resident Permits
- First Permit (12 Months) – £76.00
- Second Permit (12 Months) – £100.00
Priory Street Resident Permits
- First Permit (12 Months) – £68.00
- Second Permit (12 Months) – £85.00
- 10 Stays (24 Hours) – £14.00
- 10 Stays (6 Hours) – £7.00
- 12 Months – £34.00 (Please call 01206 282316 for further information)
Dedham Exemption Certificate
- 12 Months – £28.00
- 12 Months – £250.00 (Please call 01206 282316 for further information)
Residential Car Park Permits
- Including Bergholt Road, Walsingham Road, St Mary’s Surface Car Park, Alexandra Terrace, St. Julian Grove and Three Crowns Road. For information on these car parks, please call us on 01206 282316.